NRA must publicly name plaintiffs fighting anti-gun law, despite high risk of ‘harassment,’ judge rules.

A federal judge ruled Sunday that anonymous teenage plaintiffs helping to challenge Florida’s sweeping anti-gun law must identify themselves publicly, even as he acknowledged the order would probably expose them to intense leftist “vitriol” and “harassment.” according to Fox News.

Fox News Reports:

“In a surprising turn, U.S. District Judge Mark Walker even suggested that he personally wanted to side with the NRA, which wants to shield the young plaintiffs’ identities, but said his hands were ultimately tied by court precedent.

The NRA filed the lawsuit on Second Amendment grounds soon after Florida lawmakers approved gun legislation that would raise the age to buy guns to 21 years old. The age restriction is one part of a larger anti-gun bill signed by Gov. Rick Scott in the wake of the February shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School that left 17 dead.

Citing the harassment of one of its top Florida officials who was subjecting to threatening and profanity-laced emails and phone calls, attorneys for the NRA wanted to include a 19-year-old woman as a plaintiff in the lawsuit but wanted to keep her name confidential and instead identify her as Jane Doe.

The NRA also sought to include testimony from another 19-year-old man as well. The move was challenged by Attorney General Pam Bondi.” (Read More)

The NRA certainly has it’s hands full in the past few months and in the weeks to come. This law suit in Florida is just the tip of the ice berg. The National Rifle Association is on the front lines of every major Second Amendment legal battle in every single state across the Union.

Say what you want about them, the NRA is in the thick of it. Fighting everyday for our 2nd Amendment Rights. A task that will hopefully be made easier with the recent appointment of Lt. Col. Oliver North as NRA President.

Lt. Col. Oliver North is set to become the president of the National Rifle Association of America, a process the NRA Board of Directors initiated Monday, the group announced according to Fox News.

Fox News Reports:

North will be retiring from his role at Fox News effective immediately. He will be taking over the position occupied by Pete Brownell, who did not seek a second term as NRA president.

“I am honored to have been selected by the NRA Board to soon serve as this great organization’s President,” North said in a news release. “I appreciate the board initiating a process that affords me a few weeks to set my affairs in order, and I am eager to hit the ground running as the new NRA President.”

NRA Executive Vice President and CEO Wayne LaPierre called North a “legendary warrior for American freedom, a gifted communicator and skilled leader.” LaPierre called the North announcement “the most exciting news for our members since Charlton Heston became President of our Association.”

(Read More)

Lt. Col. North made headlines in the late 1980’s for his role in the Iran/Contra Affair. Arranging the secret sale of weapons to Iran and the diversion of the proceeds to the anti-communist Contra rebels in Nicaragua. He was convicted in 1989 of obstructing Congress during its investigation, destroying government documents and accepting an illegal gratuity. Those convictions were overturned in 1991.

Since then, North has been a news correspondent for Fox News as well as hosting a documentary series titled “War Stories with Oliver North”.

Many in the firearms community are eager and excited to see a man like Lt. Col. North being elevated to this position. It is most assuredly a move on the Pro-2A side that will have the anti-gun progressive left fuming!